One of the rules at the Herndon law firm ABRAMS LANDAU is the “KISS Rule” – Keep It Shortt & Simple ! So if you are considering a lawyer for your injury case, do not walk out, but RUN (like Forrest Gump !) if they have:
- A big butt (from sitting all day in their comfy office instead of actually getting out to to court, the crash scenes, their clients’ homes or workplaces or exercising their body and minds);
- Cannot tell you when you can see them “in action” (see above!)
- Does not or has not actually competed (so they do not know what it is like to be in your running, cycling, tennis or aqua shoes);
- Does not belong, contribute and teach/participate in their STATE Trial Lawyer Associations and the National TLA that advocate in the legislatures for victims, who otherwise would have no voice (such as the American Association for Justice, the DC or Virginia Trial Lawyers);
- If they have to advertise in yellow pages, TV,radio, newspapers & billboards to get new clients (meaning their past clients do not think much of them and therefore do not refer friends, family or acquaintances when they need legal help)
- No real office, no real staff, no real presence (this really hacks me off, especially when a so-called personal injury or disability lawyer has a nice office that is not handicap access or does not have their names identified inside and out);
- Just as one good race does not make a career for a great athlete, the best injury lawyers have many good results, care deeply about what they do, and are constantly trying to become even better (and helping others to be better as well)
If you come into a lawyer who has any of the above, do not walk out – RUN FORREST RUN !
Find a real trial lawyer who can invest the necessary time, effort, staff and money in your case. Poseurs can caused needless harm in the peloton as well as the courts, so keep a safe distance. You will not be sorry you did.