the rules at the beginning of the season. The series has expanded and has something for everyone from April to October. So if you like participating in Triathlons, and want to see some terrific Virginia venues, sign up for the series and races NOW ! Some events have already sold out, and others are sure to be closed soon. And, you do not have to be a “Super Lawyer” to know that you’d better know the rules:
- Series Qualifiers – If you want to qualify for series awards you need to do 5 races. Series award winners will receive a customized Zorrel performance jacket. Series qualifiers will receive a very cool VTS 5 Year Anniversary qualifier technical shirt.
- Packet Pick Up – Many VTS events have chosen to go green! As such, the pre-stuffed plastic bags at some events are going away. Don’t worry, you’ll still get your T-shirt and all the giveaways, you’ll just get to pick and choose what flyers you want to take with you.
- VTS Collegiate Championship – If you are part of a college team and want to race for the VTS Collegiate Cup, register for the Big Lick Triathlon. Teams will compete for bragging rights throughout the year.
- VTS Club Championship – If you are part of a club and want to compete as a team, sign up for any race at the Patriots Race Weekend. The fastest club with the most people will get to carry the cup and bragging rights until next year. Just put your club name in the collegiate field when you sign up. Full details on scoring, etc., will be posted soon.
- Photo ID – Remember that for all VTS events you are required to show a photo ID and USAT card (if you are a USAT member) in order to get your race number and timing chip.