Sterling Park Blvd. Runners of all ages, sizes and genders need to think about where they will be going and safety.
“In light of this incident, I want to remind folks of the dangers of running, cycling or walking in secluded areas.” says Doug.
- Don’t go out alone.
- If you must go alone, consider staying in areas that are in common view.
- Never wear ear buds or ear phones* that prevent you from hearing what is going on around you.
- Be aware of your surroundings and anyone exhibiting suspicious behavior.
- Before you go out, let someone know where you are going (and when you expect to return).
- Report any suspicious behavior to the police.
If you or someone you know has been injured while running, cycling or walking and there are questions as to what laws apply, email or call Abrams Landau Ltd. at once (703-795-9555).
*To those who correctly note that Landau wears earphones while exercising, it is when he is training indoors or running around the turf and grass fields, on beaches, golf courses, away from traffic and potentially fatal crashes with cars, trucks, taxi cabs and motorcycles. Lawyer Landau never wears his ear buds while racing, in group road rides or runs.