Several clients have asked what their family members can do while they are having their deposition at our office or working on answering Interrogatories for their cases. There are several fun and interesting things to do, all within walking distance of the “Landau Law Shop.”
- One of the most popular is walking to Great Harvest Bread for free samples from this wonderful bakery,
- Another is to visit the Herndon Depot (SHOWN ABOVE), which has a small museum that is free to the public,
- Families with children like to walk to the caboose, at the W&OD Trail, where kids play on this decommissioned train car, and then often go to Dairy Queen in the warm weather months, or to one of the local stores for hot cocoa or coffee in the winter time,
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day, there is the Thursday Farmers Market, sometimes with puppet shows and concerts in the summer. On Friday evenings, there is the well-attended “Friday Night Live” rock concerts on the Town Green, where families often bring chairs, blankets and picnics.
- The W&OD trail is a “rails-to-trails” park, and a good place to walk with a stroller in good weather,
- The “Herndon Fortnightly Library” has story time, an excellent collection of books, and is a clean, well lit place to spend some time while a family member is busy at our injury and disability law firm working with us on their case.
So, while Herndon is not a “big town,” there is still plenty to do if you bring the whole family to visit out “home.” And, unlike many law firms which go for “fancy,” we would rather be “family friendly.”