While many slip and fall or trip and fall cases have witnesses or videotape recordings, some cases have no eyewitnesses. These cases are difficult, but not always impossible. One way that Virginia injury and disability lawyer Doug Landau is able to win these “premises liability” cases for his clients is by showing that the building was unsafe, defective or did not meet applicable building code standards.
Instances where Virginia and D.C. “Super Lawyer” Doug Landau succeeded on behalf of injured clients who had no eyewitnesses to their premises liability included:
1. Unsecured hand rail on an office building steps,
2. Parking garage speed bump carpeted over and out of compliance with the “Americans with Disabilities Act,”
3. Ramp with a slope that was too steep for the conditions,
4. Spilled concrete was allowed to harden and form a “tripping hazard” in a poorly lit shopping mall parking garage, and
5. A drainage grate was missing in a “big box” retail store’s night time delivery parking lot blacktop.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, please contact us at ABRAMS LANDAU right away. Immediate investigation in these cases is important, as the scene often changes and critical evidence “disappears” after someone is hurt.