It is not difficult to find a Personal Injury Attorney. You might even say it is easy to find one — just do a web search on the term.
But, in certain situations, finding a lawyer with specific knowledge and/or experience can make or break a case.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is one such area where having the right attorney on the case as early as possible is of paramount importance.
For cases involving brain injury, head trauma and long term cognitive disability, look for an attorney who:
- has a proven track record handling TBI cases;
- actually goes to court on a regular basis to help individuals and families who struggle daily with brain injury and disability;
- works in the community to educate about brain injury and head trauma;
- supports brain injured individuals with their own time, effort and money;
- has a good working relationship with doctors in the area (as opposed to a good lawyer who may sue physicians and therefore may have difficulty in getting necessary medical evidence).