Herndon injury lawyer Doug Landau was out of the office today, but he was not in trial, attending depositions, or traveling to see far away clients or expert witnesses. The ABRAMS LANDAU trial attorney was attending the VTLA Annual Advocacy Seminar in Fairfax. A superb line up of speakers lead to a “standing room only” audience, and an excellent chance to learn about the latest cases, legislation and strategies for helping clients injured by car wrecks, dog bite attacks, bike crashes, slip and fall accidents, defective products and dangerous chemicals. While lawyer Landau maintains a surplus of Continuing Legal Education (“CLE”) credits, he believes it is important to stay current with developments in the law and share information with other experienced victims’ advocates.
Some of the topics in today’s presentations included:
- Direct Examination of the injured plaintiff’s expert witnesses,
- Successfully cross examining Defense Medical Experts,
- Preparing Your Expert Witnesses for Deposition and Trial
- Use of Medical Literature
- Considerations of Structured Settlements