Doug’s email: email@example.com
Doug has practiced as a civil trial lawyer since 1985. He founded his own firm in 1989, originally in Old Town Alexandria, in the Courthouse Plaza on King Street. Abrams Landau, Ltd. is now based in the historic district of Herndon, Virginia. The Abrams Landau team concentrates its practice in the areas of: Personal Injury; state Workers Compensation; and, Federal Social Security Disability Income. The goal of Abrams Landau is to help injured and disabled people and their families.
Doug’s father Mr. Norman J. Landau and his grandfather Mr. William L. Abrams were instrumental and inspirational in the establishment of Abrams Landau, Ltd. It is to the memory of these great men that Doug attributes his commitment to serving his clients with the highest levels of professionalism, efficiency and confidentiality.
In addition to his dedication to the practice of law, Doug competes all over the country in running races, biathlons and triathlons. He has competed abroad as well as in the U.S. Sprint and Olympic Distance National Championships. His proven success in court as well as athletics is testimony to his relentless pursuit of excellence.
Federal and State Courts of:
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Federal Courts, covering the East Coast from Florida to Connecticut, including 3rd, 4th, 10th and D.C. Courts of Appeal
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1985
- Sargent College of Allied Health Sciences, Graduate studies, Applied Anatomy & Physiology 1981-82
- Boston University, College of Liberal Arts, B.A., 1981
- Columbia University, New York City, NY, summer sessions, 1978, 1979, 1980
- The Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, CT, 1978
- Abrams Landau, Ltd., Principal, Historic District of Herndon, VA 2000 – present
- Allred, Bacon, Halfhill, Landau & Young, Partner, Fairfax, VA, 1996-2000
- Abrams Landau, Ltd., Principal, Courthouse Plaza, Old Town Alexandria, VA, 1991-1996
- Connerton, Ray & Simon, Associate, Washington, D.C., 1990-1991
- Ashcraft & Gerel, Associate, Alexandria, VA, 1987-1990
- Hall, Surovell, Jackson & Colten, Associate, Fairfax, VA, 1985-1987
- Specially Admitted to the Bar as an Intern with the Florida State Attorney’s Office, prosecuting criminal cases in Miami, Cutler Ridge, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Homestead, 1984-1985
- Res Ipsa Loquitur, University of Miami School of Law Newspaper, Editor in Chief, 1984-1985
- Costello & Shea, New York City, N.Y., summer, 1984
- Robin Thompson & Partners, Solicitors, London, England, summer, 1983
- Rash & Katzen, Miami, FL, 1982-1983
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Washington, D.C., 1982
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), Product Liability Exchange, 1981-1982
- Law Clerk for: Aaron Levine, Washington, D. C., 1981
- Stanley Kaplan Test Preparation Instructor (GRE, GMAT, SAT), DC, VA & MD, 1982-1983
- The Dwight Englewood School, Instructor in Physical Education, Englewoood, N.J., 1979
- Tenafly Racquet Club, summer clinics and Tennis Instructor, Tenafly N.J., 1977 & 1978
- Columbia Presbyterian Neurological Institute, Laboratory Assistant, NYC, N.Y., 1973-1977
-Association of Trial Lawyers of America
· Member since 1981, Advocate status 1993, Fellow 1999, National College of Advocacy, Social Security -Section vice chair and newsletter editor
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
· Member, Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Sections
-Workplace Injury Litigation Group
-Trial Lawyers for Public Justice – national public interest law firm
· Member Washington D. C. office’s first Law Clerk, 1982
-National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives
· Member and case referral panel attorney
-Supreme Court of Virginia
· Circuit Court Judge training, 2002- present
-ATLA Student Trial Advocacy Competition
- Regular conference speaker and teacher for American Association for Justice (AAJ), Winter and Annual Conferences 2010, 2013 and 2014.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA) Annual Tort Law Seminar Committee, May 2005
- VTLA Annual Convention Committee and Sponsor, Hot Springs, WV, 2000-present
- Virginia State Bar, “Jury Selection,” Young Lawyers Conference Professional Development Seminar, at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business, 2003
- Northern Virginia Attorneys Herndon luncheons, presented and sponsored (with Injured Workers Pharmacy) by Abrams Landau, Ltd., 2002
- VTLA Fall Fiesta, Social Security Committee, Richmond, September 2001
- VTLA Fall Fiesta, Moderator, Social Security Section Experts’ Panel, 2000
- “The Wheels & Justice; An Injured Virginia Biker’s Journey,” The Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2015.
- “Proving Damages in Child Concussion Cases,” Trial Magazine, September 2014.
- “After the Fall,” Trial Magazine, 2009.
- “Establishing Emotional Damages for Children,” Trial Magazine, March 1991.
- Co-Author: “Premises Liability,” Mathew Bender & Co, 1987.